Our success flows from the trust we enjoy from our key stakeholders (shareholders, employees, clients, candidates, business partners and suppliers), governmental and regulatory bodies and the communities within which we operate.
Hays operates in 33 countries and we recognise the rule of law within these jurisdictions and support appropriate internationally accepted standards. These Business Principles reach beyond our legal obligations and establish our relationship with society.
Our Business Principles apply to all Hays companies, directors and employees.
- Commercial imperative. We are a commercial organisation and we will pursue the best possible economic return for our shareholders. However, in making economic decisions, we will have regard to the impact of these decisions on other stakeholders, including society and the environment.
- Clients. We are driven to achieve superior results for our customers through exceptional service delivery and we recognise that our clients' success depends upon employing the right people in their organisations. In recognition of their reliance upon us, we will strive to understand and respond to our clients' needs, to introduce those candidates most likely to meet those needs and to enhance our clients' value to their own stakeholders. In making introductions, we are committed to rewarding our clients' trust through the highest achievable professional and ethical standards.
- Candidates. We understand that finding people jobs is an important task in society that carries with it duties of care and professional behaviour. We will endeavour to match candidates' needs and objectives with those of our clients and we respect our obligations of confidentiality to candidates.
- Communication. We expect our staff to communicate transparently and honestly with our clients, candidates, business partners, suppliers and governmental and regulatory bodies, within the legal framework of privacy and confidentiality.
Public policy principles
Hays interacts with governments, legislators, regulators and other public bodies in the course of its normal business activities. These Public Policy Principles are supplementary to, and should be read in conjunction with, the above Business Principles.
Our Public Policy Principles apply to all Hays companies, directors and employees.
- Hays will not make political donations or support party political interests.
- Hays will, when appropriate, seek to inform governmental and regulatory policymakers on matters affecting its business interests.